Suttons Auto Protection
What is Suttons Auto Protection?
- The Suttons Auto Protection Warranty Plan provides you with added protection AFTER the Statutory or Manufacturer's Warranty has expired and helps protect the value of your Vehicle through consistent, regular servicing
- Suttons will provide Fixed Price Servicing, after the Manufacturer's Warranty has expired, setting the price for the minimum service schedule required to maintain this Auto Protection Warranty Plan
- Quality repairs are performed by qualified technicians with the latest technology and equipment.
- You are dealing with a reputable Dealership group that you know and can trust
- Customer satisfaction is the aim of the Suttons Auto Protection Warranty Plan
- Easy to claim - simply call a Suttons service centre
- At claim time, you have the reassurance that is provided by our determination to retain you as a client when you next purchase a car
- Free parts and labour repairs anywhere in Australia*
The Auto Protection Plan
Suttons agrees that in the event of any failure* of any Covered Component, it will repair or replace such component using parts of a like kind and quality, to acceptable working condition, to the extent of the limits of the Auto Protection Warranty Plan, provided that the Customer has observed the conditions and terms of the Auto Protection Warranty Plan.
*Failure means the inability of any Covered Component to satisfactorily perform the function for which it was designed.
Period of cover
The conditions of the Contract commence at the Delivery Date and the benefits commence on the later to occur of either the Delivery Date, the expiry of any Manufacturer's full, or Dealership's Statutory Warranty.
The Contract will cease upon expiry of either the period of time, or the distance travelled, whichever occurs first, as indicated in the box under the "TERM OF CONTRACT" shown on the Customer Contract Page in the Warranty booklet that was issued to you.
What do I need to do?
To ensure the longevity and safety of your Vehicle it is very important that you maintain its mechanical standard.
It is a condition of this Auto Protection Warranty Plan that ONLY Suttons service centres service your Vehicle.
You will benefit from the Suttons Auto Protection Warranty Plan if your Vehicle is serviced ONLY by us, during both the Manufacturer's Warranty (in accordance with the Manufacturer's requirements) and the Suttons Auto Protection Warranty Plan until both periods expire.
After the expiry of the Manufacturer's Warranty period and upon commencement of the Suttons Auto Protection Warranty Plan, you will enjoy the Suttons six month or 10,000 km (whichever occurs first) Fixed Price service plan.
It is your responsibility to ensure these services are performed and that the service details are recorded correctly on your Auto Protection Warranty Plan documents.
Failure to do so will void the Auto Protection Warranty Plan without further notice.
It is your responsibility to check coolant and oil levels on a regular basis.
Suttons will not be responsible for any failure due to lack of appropriate oil or coolant.
*** Failure to meet these servicing requirements will void this agreement. ***
Limits of Liability
Limits of liability of this Auto Protection Warranty Plan shall be those indicated under "LIMITS OF LIABILITY" shown on the Customer Contract Page of your warranty booklet.
The type of Auto Protection Warranty Plan that your Vehicle is covered by is specified next to "Auto Protection Type" on the Customer Contract Page.
In the event of any failure likely to give rise to a claim under this Auto Protection Warranty Plan, the Customer shall, as soon as is reasonably possible:
- If the Vehicle is drivable, bring it to a SUTTONS service centre.
- One of our customer service representatives will then contact the Auto Protection Warranty Plan Administrator for verification of cover.
- Your Auto Protection Warranty Plan booklet must be presented, with up-to-date servicing records, when booking your Vehicle for repairs.
- If the Vehicle is undriveable, or if to drive it could cause further damage, it is YOUR responsibility to have the Vehicle towed to a SUTTONS service centre.
- Suttons will not be responsible for any repairs or replacements carried out by persons other than our staff.
- If a failure occurs outside a 50km radius from a SUTTONS service centre, please contact your Suttons Dealership to obtain an order number and/or work authority, before commencing repairs.
- Repairs can only be performed by an approved Licensed Motor Vehicle repairer.
- Only if this is done correctly will you (or the repairer) be reimbursed.
Fixed Price Servicing
Auto Protection Warranty Plan Term and Servicing Requirements
The conditions of the Contract commence on the Delivery Date and the benefits commence on the later to occur of either the Delivery Date, the expiry of the full Manufacturer's Warranty or Dealer's Statutory Warranty provided with the Vehicle and, subject to your compliance with the conditions contained in this booklet, will continue until the expiry date or expiry kilometres shown on the Customer Contract Page in this booklet.
To avoid any misunderstanding, please read this carefully. Two important conditions of the Auto Protection Warranty Plan are:–
- You will enjoy the benefits of the Suttons Auto Protection Warranty Plan if the Vehicle is serviced by SUTTONS, during both the Manufacturer's Warranty (in accordance with the manufacturer's requirements) and the Suttons Auto Protection Warranty Plan until both periods expire. After the expiry of the Manufacturer's Warranty period and upon commencement of the Suttons Auto Protection Warranty Plan, you can enjoy the Suttons six month or 10,000 km (whichever occurs first) Fixed Price Service Plan. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure these services are performed and that the service details are recorded correctly on your Auto Protection Warranty Plan documents. Failure to do so will void the Auto Protection Warranty Plan without further notice. It is the responsibility of the Customer to check coolant and oil levels on a regular basis. Suttons will not be responsible for failure due to lack of appropriate oil or coolant.
- Your Vehicle MUST be returned to a Suttons service centre for servicing during the Term of the Contract (as defined on the Customer Contract Page). Other servicing will not be approved or recognised.
In simple terms, Suttons will repair or replace covered components, to the limits of the Auto Protection Warranty Plan, if you have the vehicle serviced ONLY by us.
After the expiry of any Manufacturer's Warranty period we will agree to service your Vehicle under the Suttons six-monthly/10,000 km Fixed Price Service Plan at the price quoted on the Customer Contract Page. The Suttons six-monthly/10,000 km Fixed Price Service Plan includes:
Total price including parts, oil & labour is shown on your Customer Contract Page.
Servicing is necessary to maintain your Vehicle in good condition. You will be advised of any defect found. Any items covered by the Auto Protection Warranty Plan will be repaired at a mutually convenient time in accordance with the terms of the Plan.
In the event any additional work is required, we will refer any other required repairs or defects outside of this Auto Protection Warranty Plan, to you for your approval, prior to any work being commenced. If your vehicle requires synthetic or specialty oil, as specified by the manufacturer, additional charges may apply. Please note that whilst the Suttons Fixed Price Service Plan is intended to cover part of your Vehicle's regular servicing needs during its lifetime, it is NOT a substitute for the full Manufacturer's service requirements for your Vehicle.
In order to meet the Manufacturer's service requirements your Vehicle will require additional periodical maintenance on specific items from time to time. These will be at additional cost to you. For example, automatic transmission servicing, timing belt replacement, spark plugs, brake fluid or engine coolant replacement will be required at the Manufacturer's recommended intervals. For safety purposes, it is a requirement to have the brake fluid replaced every two years
Our Auto Protection Warranty Plan is not an insurance policy. It is a contract between You and Suttons, designed to ensure that your Vehicle is maintained to a standard that will help protect You from costly repairs to defective parts.
|Standard Cover||Premium Cover|
All internally lubricated parts, including:
Pistons, Piston Rings & Pins, Crankshaft a Main
Bearings, Connecting Rods & Rod Bearings,
Camshaft, Timing Chains or Gears, Rocker Arms,
Valves & Springs, Valve Guides & Seats, Push
Rods & Lifters, Oil Pump.
Excluded from this cover are: Cylinder Head(s), Engine Block or Barrels or blown Head Gaskets.
|ENGINE All internally lubricated parts, including: Balance Shafts, Camshafts, Camshaft Pulley, Camshaft Towed Connecting Rods, Big End Bearings, Crankshaft & Main Bearings, Distributor, Oil Sender Unit, EGR Valve, Factory Fitted Turbo, Harmonic Balancer, Idler Pulleys, Lifters, Oil Pressure Relief Valve, Oil Pump, Piston Rings, Gudgeon Pins, Pistons, Push Rods, Rocker Arms & Shafts, Throttle Cables, Throttle Linkages, Timing Belt Pulleys, Timing Chain, Timing Gears, Valves, Valve Guides, Valve Springs, Valve Stem Seals, Waste Gates, Flywheel, Flex Plate, Starter Ring Gear, Excluded from this cover are: Engine Block or Barrels or blown Head Gaskets, Cylinder Head(s).|
|DIFFERENTIAL & DRIVE LINE Bearings, Centre Bearings, Half Shafts, U & CV Joints, Crown Wheel & Pinion, Gears, Limited Slip Clutch Pack, Drive Shafts, Drive Axle Housing If Damages Are Due To Failure Of Internally Lubricated Components.||DIFFERENTIAL & DRIVE LINE Axle Hub Bearings, Axle Shafts, Bearings, Bushings, Centre Bearings, Crown Wheel & Pinion, Front Hub Bearings, Gears, Half Shafts, Limited Slip Clutch Pack, Locking Hub Assemblies, U & CV Joints, Drive Shafts, Swivel Hubs, Drive Axle Housing If Damages Are Due To Failure Of Internally Lubricated Components.|
|BRAKING SYSTEM Calipers, Hydraulic Lines, Master Cylinder, Vacuum Boosters, Wheel Cylinders.||BRAKING SYSTEM Brake Linkages, Brake Pressure Limiter, Handbrake Cable, Callipers, Handbrake Mechanism, Hydraulic Lines, Master Cylinder Brake Booster Unit, Proportioning Valve, Brake Pedal Box, Wheel Cylinders.|
|SUSPENSION Covers Front Suspension Only. Control Arms, Radius Rod Bushes, Top & Bottom Ball Joints, Wheel Bearings & Stub Axles.||SUSPENSION Sway Bar Bushes, Bump Stop Cushions, Control Arms, Radius Rod Bushes, Steering Rack Mounts, Tension Rod, Top & Bottom Ball Joints, Wheel Bearings & Stub Axles.|
|FUEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM Fuel Pumps, Injector Pump, Injectors||FUEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM Fuel Pumps, Fuel Sender Unit, Fuel Relay, Injector Pump, Pressure Requlator, Vacuum Pump, Injectors, Accelerator Pump, Solenoids.|
|TRANSMISSION Internally Lubricated Parts Only. Transmission Case If Damages Are Due To Failure Of Internally Lubricated Components.||TRANSMISSION All Internal Mechanical Parts Including Accumulators, Bearings, Chain & Sprockets, Clutch & Band Assemblies, Electric Shift Control Unit, Gears, Interlock Control Unit, Solenoids, Inhibitor Switch, Oil Pump, Over Drive Clutch, Pressure Switches, Selector Forks, Selector Shafts, Servo Units, Synchromesh Assembly, Valve Body, Speedo Transducer, Transmission Case and Torque Converter Case If Damages Are Due To Failure of Internally Lubricated Components.|
2WD Vehicles Only.
Pressure Plate, Clutch Fork, Thrust Race Bearing, Clutch Master & Slave Cylinder.
2WD Vehicles Only.
Clutch Master & Slave Cylinder, Clutch Fork, Pressure Plate, Spigot Bearing, Clutch Linkage, Throw Out Bearing, Clutch Cable, Clutch Pedal Box.
|COOLING SYSTEM Electric Fan Thermostat, Fan Hub, Thermostat, Water Pump, Radiator Cooling Fan Motor.||COOLING SYSTEM Radiator Cooling Fan Motor, Electric Fan Thermostat, Fan Hub, Thermostat, Water Pump, Heater Tap.|
|STEERING Idler Arms, Power Steering Pump, Steering Rack, Tie Rod Ends, Power Steer Box, Pitman Arms.||STEERING Centre Links, Idler Arms, Pitman Arms, Power Steering Pulley, Power Steering Pump, Steering Column & Bushes, Steering Lock, Steering Rack, Tie Rod Ends, Tilt Lever, Power Steer Box.|
|ELECTRONICS & ELECTRO-MECHANICAL Engine Management Computer, Starter Motor, Wiper Motor, Voltage Regulator, Alternator.||ELECTRONICS & ELECTRO-MECHANICAL Central Locking Actuator, Door Light Actuator & Switch, Electric Boot Release, Engine Management Computer, Air Suspension Compressor, Alternator, Starter Motor, Voltage Regulator, Hazard Light Switch, Headlight Switches, Indicator Switches, Key Remote, Power Seat Motors, Rear Demister Switch, Remote Fuel Release Mechanism & Cable, Headlight Motors, Sun Roof Motor, Window Motors, Window Regulators, Windscreen Washer Motors, Windscreen Wiper Arms & Linkages, Wiper Motor, Wiper Switches, Load Proportioning Valve, Aerial Motor, Mirror Motors, Mirror Switch, Mechanical Switches.|
|AIR CONDITIONING Compressor, Compressor Clutch.||AIR CONDITIONING A/C Switch, Compressor, Compressor Bearings, Compressor Clutch, Recycle Vent Flap, Blender Motor Idler Pulley, Idler Pulley Bearing, TX Valve, Vacuum Control Switch.|
|BODY & INTERIOR None.||BODY & INTERIOR Accelerator Pedal & Cable, Boot Struts, Bonnet Hinges, Bonnet Lock & Cable, Bonnet Striker, Bonnet Struts, Boot Hinges, Boot Lock Striker, Boot Lock & Cable, Door Handles & Rods, Door Hinges, Door Locks & Cable, Door Strikers, Glove Box Lock, Locks, Seat Belt Tensioners & Locking Mechanism, Seat Recliner Mechanism, Seat Runners, Speedo Cable, T/Bar & Bushes, Vent Cables.|
What is not covered?
The benefits of our Auto Protection Warranty Plan apply only to the parts listed under "PARTS COVERED" on pages 6-9 of this booklet. Any parts not listed therein are specifically excluded. This Contract does not cover the following:
- Any failure caused by negligence, misuse or failure to perform required servicing, or any failure caused by the lack of proper and necessary maintenance. Any failure due to the lack of oil or coolant, excessive use of oil, overheating, fuel contamination or use of incorrect grade of fuel is not covered under this Contract.
- Any parts not listed under "PARTS COVERED" in this booklet, or which would normally be regarded as maintenance items, such as, but not limited to, brake pads, brake rotors, spark plugs, light bulbs, batteries, oils, filters, tyres, hoses, fan and timing belts, shock absorbers, struts, or any other component recommended by the Manufacturer for periodic replacement.
- Seals and gaskets.
- Any modifications made or any affected components on the Vehicle after the Date of Delivery from Suttons, unless fitted by Suttons, or with written approval for inclusion by Suttons.
- Failure caused by rust or corrosion of any kind.
- Any inherent faults or defective parts subject to recall by the Manufacturer, or any such parts recommended for replacement by the Manufacturer through inability to meet normal performance requirements.
- Any loss or damage caused by towing, collision, force impact, breakage of glass, missiles, falling objects, fire, theft or larceny, explosion, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, flood, malicious mischief or vandalism, riot or civil commotion, lightning, nuclear contamination, freezing, smoke, or from any other cause whatsoever except as provided in this Contract.
- This Contract does not cover consequential damage to, or by, parts not listed under "PARTS COVERED" in this booklet.
- Any claims arising from the failure of any electronic device, computer software or computer hardware to function correctly as a consequence of date recognition.
- Any clutch components where the vehicle is four wheel drive or all wheel drive.
- All consumables, including but not limited to, oils, coolants, lubricants, additives, air conditioning gas, environmental and waste disposal charges.
National Roadside Assistance
Australia wide assistance program with over 1200 service providers in our network, on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week delivering peace of mind motoring with quality road rescue services.
- Nation free toll number — 1800 817 877
- With our reliable nationwide network NRA provides a high standard of fast, professional service. All service providers communicate via radio, satellite navigation or mobile phone, ensuring NRA's ability to monitor progress of individual callouts, and log successful completion of each job.
- Emergency assistance phone numbers call direct to NRA's central control room, not to an answering service.
- The member in distress is speaking direct to the controller who will dispatch the rescue vehicle.
- NRA's mapping program covers the whole of Australia, the individual member and closest service provider locations are quickly established. Generally, service is provided within 30 minutes to calls from metropolitan areas and major regional centres. Customers will be advised of any delays due to distance or prevailing conditions.
24 Hour Roadside Assistance Australia Wide Note
- Valid while you meet the conditions of your Auto Protection Plan
- Not Transferable
If you need roadside assistance simply phone 1800 817 877.
- If you lock your keys in your vehicle we will come out and unlock your vehicle#
- If you run out of petrol we will bring some out for you*
- If you get a flat tyre we will come out and fit your spare
- If your battery is flat we will come out and jump start your car
# First $55.00 of vehicle access fee covered
* Minimum 5 litres of unleaded petrol at owner's cost, LPG/Diesel vehicles transported to fuel supply.
If you break down, or your vehicle is unable to be safely driven, we will transport you back to the dealership where you bought your car within a 50km limit. Otherwise it will be taken to the nearest authorised service centre.
- Vehicle used for hire or reward
- Bogged vehicle which require specialist equipment for removal or are not within easy reach of a public thoroughfare
- Vehicles located of public roads (other than private residence)
- Vehicles that have been involved in an accident or collision
- Heavy vehicles over 205 tonnes gross
Limit of Cover
- Towing fee is free up to 50km, towing in excess of 50km will be charged at prevailing rates
- An excess may apply to areas that are more than 50km from nearest provider
Australia Wide Assist's roadside assistance programs have comprehensive nationwide coverage with a network of professional service providers. To ensure customer satisfaction and quality service, the network is constantly being reviewed, upgraded and added to.
Our operators are equipped with a state of the art mapping system which manages the service provider network. When a call for assistance is received, the system enables the operator to locate and contact the nearest available service provider, despatch assistance and give an estimated time of arrival to the driver in need within minutes.
With over 1200 service providers in our network, on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week an Australia Wide Assist roadside assistance program can then deliver the peace of mind, quality service and value for money you require.
Why upgrade to premium cover?
Suttons Autoprotection Plan provides you with added protection after the Statutory or Manufacturer’s Warranty has expired. The Suttons Autoprotection Plan also helps to protect your vehicle through consistent, regular servicing.
The benefits of upgrading to the Premium Protection Plan are wide ranging. Below are just some of the great inclusions of the Premium Protection Plan.
|Standard Protection||Upgrade to Premium Protection|
Premium cover provides your vehicle with the following fantastic benefits to keep you secure whilst you meet your servicing requirements.
* The benefits under this Auto Protection Warranty Plan are capped to the limits of liability indicated under "LIMITS OF LIABILITY" on the Customer Contract Page.
Finance & Insurance Location
SUTTONS KIA WAITARA
Finance & Insurance
90 Pacific Hwy Waitara, NSW 2077
Phone: (02) 9487 2222
DEPARTMENT TRADING HOURS
Monday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 8:30am - 5:30pm
Sunday: 9:30am - 5:00pm